This was Lyn’s first try at upwolfing, a felting technique invented in the Netherlands. To use this technique you need an upwolfing mat which you can buy online. Feltfine has them. The steps are as follows:
- Over the mat you lay the fleece.
- You then poke through the holes with the fleece and put in another colour if you wish. (I used Mohair curls).
- You then put in the plastic, roll up and tie up.
- Into the washing machine with soap and away it goes.
- Unwrap and dry when finished or put into the clothes dryer.
Very simple and when effort is put in, it could be a lovely piece.
Very unusual. By Lyn A.